We have introduced a Master Vendor service, in partnership with AdvantagexPO, to act as single point of contact for hiring managers at UCL and improve the way we hire temporary workers.
We have worked closely with HR, Procurement, Legal and colleagues from across UCL to improve the way we hire temporary staff through working with a single, lead recruitment agency. The Master Vendor service provided by Advantage xPO acts as a single point of contact for hiring managers at UCL and manages the recruitment of temporary staff* from the various recruitment agencies on our preferred supplier list (PSL).
The Master Vendor manages every stage of the recruitment process including: advertising and sourcing candidates (either directly or through our preferred supplier list); shortlisting CVs; carrying out compliance and Right to Work checks; working with UCL to on-board new workers; and managing relationships with and supporting temporary workers.
*Unitemps will continue to provide in-house temporary recruitment for all roles where you may want to recruit UCL students or Alumni, as well as direct bookings where Unitemps is the preferred approach e.g. guest lecturers.
Introducing a Master Vendor provides UCL with streamlined and competitive pricing, more efficient processes, improved compliance, a single source of data for detailed management information, and will improve the recruitment experience for both staff and candidates.
- Reduced workload and better staff experience
- Introducing a standard process and single point of contact for hiring managers will free up time spent reviewing CVs, carrying out compliance checks and negotiating fees
- The service provides a responsive and well managed supply chain with a resource pool that meets the requirements of UCL, including in hard to fill roles
- An assigned account manager is available for day to day queries, escalation and support
- Improved candidate experience
- Candidates will receive consistent messaging and a consistent standard of care throughout their temporary worker journey with UCL
- Through better management information we are be able to identify Long-Term Agency Workers and make sure we are performing within our ED&I commitments for our temporary workforce
- Better value for money
- Improved management information, including dashboards at organisational and departmental level, will improve the visibility of spend on agencies and workers and will support strategic planning
- One contract with one set of terms and standardised fees will help to reduce costs
- Commission rates that are competitive but consistent as well as improved rate card compliance will help control spending
Master Vendor service now with HR
As the relationship with Advantage xPO continues to mature and the service evolves, the Recruitment team will keep you informed of any new features that are introduced to the service. We are keen to hear your feedback on what is working and if there is anything else you would like to see from the service, so please continue to share your ideas and feedback with Angela Clark, Recruitment Supplier Manager at UCL.