What to expect from TOPS in 2019
30 January 2019
Transforming our Professional Services (TOPS) is implementing a range of projects across UCL. Here’s what to expect in 2019.
Since 2016/17 TOPS has been engaging with the UCL community, developing ideas and rolling out a number of projects, all aimed at delivering excellent services. In 2019 our focus is on implementation. This year will see:
- the launch of UCL’s first shared services centre, the Professional Services Hub (PS Hub),
- the implementation of a new recruitment system to replace ROME,
- the continued development of Unitemps,
- the launch of four Career Pathways in Communication and Marketing (CAM),
- the implementation of the Finance Transformer,
- and the continued growth of our Communities of Practice (CoP).
TOPS is redesigning services with UCL people at the heart of everything we do and it’s great to see so many UCL colleagues getting involved.
We have a broad range of staff involved in project board and user groups, over 75 members in the Finance Transformer Staff Network, over 125 colleagues coming together to form the PS Hub, and over 1400 UCL staff are involved in a CoP!
We are keen to keep everybody informed and engaged with progress as TOPS starts to make an impact across the university in 2019, and we’re making a concerted effort to ramp up our communications.
We have started our monthly TOPS Newsletter which is focussed on updating you on current thinking and progress within the programme. We will continue presenting a range of projects to groups of colleagues through our regular Galley Walks and we’re looking into new ways we can share. If you have any ideas or opportunities please get in touch.
Tom Rowson, TOPS Programme Director
More from TOPS
- Visit the TOPS website to find out more about the programme
- Read about the latest TOPS Updates at TOPS News
- If you have any questions, or if you have any suggestions about how we could better keep you up to date, please email the TOPS team
- Communities of Practice: Data and Insight
- Finance Transformer: Co-designing our services
- PS Hub: Hub Director's January Update
- Important updates on Unitemps
Get the latest updates from the TOPS Programme with our monthly Newsletter