We are holding an Agenda Setting and Collaboration workshop on 27th and 28th April 2022 for researchers who may be interested in responding to our Responsible Engineering funding call.
This will take place online on 27th April 2022 (Agenda Setting) and 28th April 2022 (Collaboration). The workshop will run from 10.00 am to midday on both days.
If you have accessibility requirements or other requirements to enable you to participate in the workshop, please let us know by 12th April 2022 either on the registration form or by emailing TIDAL@ucl.ac.uk
You don’t have to attend both days but the two days are designed to complement one another so we would encourage you to attend both if you can.
The aim is to:
- Introduce responsible engineering and discuss its potential application to AT
- Help seed partnerships across the network
- Inspire innovative proposals for our responsible engineering call
- Answer questions and help you prepare to develop a bid/contribute to the community
Day 1 – Agenda Setting
In this workshop we will explore the role of design innovation, systems thinking and user-centred design within responsible practices and methods. There will be short presentations on themes including:
- Introduction to Responsible Engineering (Cathy Holloway, UCL, PI for TIDAL N+)
- Circular economy and the future of healthcare manufacturing (Sinéad Mitchell, NUI Gallway)
- Plastics, waste and the circular economy (Mark Miodownik, UCL)
- Issues in the manufacture of walking aids (Susan Bevan, NRS Healthcare)
- Reuse and repair in the Norwegian AT system (Arne Henning Eide, SINTEF Digital)
There will also be an opportunity to discuss what responsible engineering means for AT, and explore possible research questions.
Day 2 - Collaboration
This will take the form of a collaboration workshop led by Mikko Koria, Loughborough University, London, Co-Investigator for TIDAL N+, including:
- An inspirational talk on Experimentation and Transformation
- A speculative design workshop
- Q&A about the funding call
Do I have to attend the workshops in order to submit an application?
No. We recognise that some people do not flourish in workshop-type environments, so we will be offering a direct application route. If you have any particular needs to enable you to participate in the workshops, please let us know by April 12th 2022.
How to register for the workshops
The workshops will be held on Zoom and registration is through the Zoom platform.
Please register separately for each day.
If you have accessibility requirements or other requirements to enable you to participate in the workshop, please let us know by 12th April 2022 so that we can meet these.
- Register for Day 1 - Agenda Setting – 27th April 10 am to midday
- Register for Day 2 - Collaboration – 28th April 10 am to midday