Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT)
When it comes to teaching and learning-related professional development, the UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT) should be your first port of call.
CALT offers short courses, advice, resources, and scholarly collaboration with and between academics across UCL on teaching and learning enhancement projects. It also has institutional membership of the Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA).
In addition to this, CALT has six schools-facing teaching fellows – two per school (details below) – dedicated to providing subject-specific teaching and learning guidance and advice on how to implement UCL’s teaching and learning priorities.
Teaching fellows by school
- BEAMS (School of the Built Environment, Engineering and Mathematical and Physical Sciences): Dr Jason Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 7679 1991; internal extension 41991) and Dr Jenny Marie (email@example.com; 020 7679 8334; internal extension 48334)
- SLMS (School of Life & Medical Sciences): Dr Rosalind Duhs (firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 7679 1673; internal extension 41673) and Dr Teresa McConlogue (email@example.com; 020 7679 5941; internal extension 45941)
- SLASH (SSEES, Laws, Arts and Humanities, Social and Historical Sciences: Dr Nick Grindle (firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 7679 8282; internal extension 48282) and Dr Paul Walker (email@example.com; 020 7679 1666; internal extension 41666)
If you're not sure who to contact or you have a general enquiry, call 020 7679 1610 (internal extension 41610) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last modified on 29 jan 13 14:20
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com