For lecturers or Teaching Fellows on probation.
If you are Lecturer or Teaching Fellow on probation, and need to gain a teaching qualification in order to complete your probationary requirements, UCL Arena Two is for you.
The course aims to prepare you to teach confidently and effectively at UCL, to enable you to develop in your teaching-related role and to help you make a successful application for a UCL Arena Fellowship entitling you to Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
It also welcomes you into a community of colleagues interested in exploring the relationships between student education and research and asking questions such as:
- How can connecting students more closely with our research enhance students’ programmes of study?
- How can we work with students as partners to build inclusive learning and research communities?
Staff with three years full time teaching experience and who have undertaken relevant professional development activities may be entitled to exemption from attending the course.
If you are in this situation, you may instead be able to apply for a UCL Arena/HEA Fellowship directly through Arena Open.
If you already have a HEA Fellowship you are also able to apply for exemption from attending the course.
- To apply for an exemption, complete the exemption form (word document) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the choice of two options:
- Option 1: Sessions once a week for eight weeks. This format will be available in the Autumn and Spring term.
- Option 2: Two sessions per week for four weeks. This option will be available in the Summer term. Please be aware that this requires quite a lot of work for the participants each week.
How to join Arena Two
You commit to attending a set of eight sessions by signing up to a block on a certain date and time.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.