Delivered by the UCL Arena Centre, in this set of workshops you will discuss and develop your application for Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA).
This set of four two-hour sessions focus on your application of Senior Fellow.
Each session is followed by an optional extra hour, as a result of previous participant feedback, to make a start on your application. A member of the UCL Arena Centre team will be available to support you.
The first session is compulsory, followed by three non-compulsory sessions and you are welcome to attend the sessions as suitable.
Each session will explore a different area of the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF).
Overview dates and times
- Tuesday 12 May - 3 pm to 5 pm
Workshop dates and times
- Session 1: Thursday 04 June - 2 pm to 4 pm
- Session 2: Thursday 11 June - 2 pm to 4 pm
- Session 3: Thursday 18 June - 2 pm to 4 pm
These workshops will
- reflect on your relevant 'educational leadership' experience - a critical for Senior Fellowship.
- explore the UKPSF in detail
- provide opportunities for you to lead parts of the session, strengthening your application
After attending these sessions you will
- know what is required to apply for SFHEA through Arena
- have begun mapping your experience to an application
- be able to identify and articulate a range of examples for each area of the UKPSF: Areas of Activity, Core Knowledge and Values
- identified potential areas for development
Who should attend
You should attend this session if you are a member of UCL staff and have identified Senior Fellow as the appropriate category to apply for.
If you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.