Judith Hillmore heard Dr Suzanne Ruddy, UCL Molecular Biosciences, tell attendees at the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 how her students take part in a realistic symposium as part of their assessed work. More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 2:34:19 PM
Clare Goudy reports on a study into student attitudes to small-group teaching, presented at the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 1:58:19 PM
Abbie Willett, Beatrice Lok and Dr Paul Walker, CALT, revealed the top five most valued aspects of personal tutoring to attendees at the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 1:33:39 PM
Dr Jamie Harle, Medical Physics and Bioengineering, told the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 about a new framework for student and external supervisor engagement in off-campus work. Mark Copestake reports More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 10:20:35 AM
The Bartlett is providing postgrads with vital graphics skills before they arrive at UCL via the Urban Skills Portal.
Series of lunchtime e-learning workshops announced
14 January 2013
The UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT) and E-Learning Environments (ELE) will be hosting a six-part series of e-learning-themed lunchtime workshops named 'Summits and Horizons' over the Spring and Summer terms.
The workshops will aim to showcase compelling examples of effective e-learning at UCL, to look ahead at what might be possible for lecturers to do in their teaching in the near future, and to review the technologies that are likely to become significant for staff and students over the next five years.
The first workshop, entitled 'Beyond lecture recording', will be held on Wednesday 23 January from 1.05-1.55pm in the Denys Holland Lecture Theatre, 1-2 Endsleigh Street. The session will feature the following presentations:
- Carl Gombrich (Programme Director of the BASc): 'Innovating with Lecturecast'
- Clive Young (Head of ELE's E-Learning Advisory): 'What do we know about students' use of Lecturecast?'
- Sylvia Moes (Projects and Innovations Manager, VU University, Amsterdam): 'Beyond lecture recording'
Dr Nick Grindle, one of the workshop organisers, said: "Whether or not staff members already use Lecturecast in their teaching – and we're not necessarily saying that they should – this should be an insightful and inspiring trio of talks."
The other Summits and Horizons workshops will run as follows:
- 'Face to face with mobile technologies' - Wednesday 20 February
- 'Social media for academic purposes' - Wednesday 13 March
- 'Being ready for what's coming: a roundtable on the 2013 Horizons Report' (part of the CALT conference) - Friday 19 April
- 'Using technology to give better and faster feedback' - Wednesday 15 May
- 'Distance learning and concept mapping' - Wednesday 5 June
For venues and information on speakers at these events, visit the CALT website.
Sessions are open to all, and sandwiches are provided.
Page last modified on 14 jan 13 12:45
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org