Be inspired by the latest advances in education by attending UCL’s annual celebration of teaching. More...
Published: Mar 7, 2014 9:44:07 AM
Get a practical introduction to the new CPD and Short Courses Toolkit by attending a series of four linked lunchtime workshops. More...
Published: Mar 4, 2014 9:44:29 AM
Following on from the success of last year's Summits and Horizons series of events, there will be a new portfolio of sessions for this academic year. The event, a joint venture between CALT and E-LE, is a series of lunchtime events looking at new e-learning in UCL in which two or three speakers discuss how they've used new technologies in their teaching. More...
Published: Oct 21, 2013 1:12:07 PM
A series of lunchtime sessions on topics of collegial interest open to all UCL staff. Sandwiches and refreshments are supplied. Please register so we have accurate numbers for catering.
Published: Oct 10, 2013 2:22:47 PM
The Bartlett is providing postgrads with vital graphics skills before they arrive at UCL via the Urban Skills Portal.
Grants available for museum teaching
30 July 2013
Find out how you can obtain funding to work with a variety of London museums.
UCL is leading Share Academy, a partnership project with University of the Arts London and the London Museums Group, with the aim of building sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships between the higher education sector and specialist museums in London. Share Academy is supported by Arts Council England and is scheduled to run until March 2015.
The Share Academy team can offer support and advice together with small grants to help broker and kick start partnerships. Partnership projects might include collections-based research, working with museums to reach new audiences and generate impact, or introducing your students to new and inspiring spaces for learning.
The deadline for applications is in late October. Partnerships should be of proven benefit to both sides and should be able to demonstrate how they can be sustained in the long term. Projects should be timetabled to finish in under 12 months, with a final completion date of January 2015.
If you are a UCL academic member of staff and would like to consider building a relationship with a specialist museum in London, or already have one that you would like to develop further, the Share Academy team have produced a range of resources and guidance that you may find helpful.
- How to apply for small grants
- Download a process map explaining how to apply for funding
- Register on the London Museums Group website for free access to case studies showcasing projects run in the first round of Share Academy
- Attend a workshop from 2-5pm on Wednesday 11 September or Thursday 19 September (book via the links) and forge collaborative working relationships with museums, receive detailed guidance on applying for funding and meet like-minded colleagues from across the sector
- For further advice or assistance, please contact Chloe Bent, Share Academy Administrator by calling 020 7679 7009 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last modified on 24 jul 13 15:55
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com