Free upgraded access to FutureLearn courses for UCL staff and students
2 October 2020
UCL staff and students to benefit from free access to course assessments and digital Certificates of Achievement for completed FutureLearn courses.
UCL’s short, open online courses with FutureLearn are designed to provoke conversation, can be accessed from anywhere in the world, and work on any device. To date they have attracted more than 230,000 sign-ups globally and span topics such as dementia, urban planning, anthropology, and medicine.
What is FutureLearn Campus?
UCL has now joined FutureLearn Campus - an initiative that enables us to provide UCL students and staff with free upgraded access to existing UCL Futurelearn courses, alongside courses from any other institutions signed up to the scheme. When you sign up for a course using FutureLearn Campus you will gain benefits that would orginarily require payment, including:
- Access to the course for as long as it’s available on FutureLearn
- Access to any course assessments and a digital Certificate of Achievement when you have met relevant course criteria.
In addition, the upgraded access makes it is possible to use any of UCL’s existing courses with closed cohorts of UCL students.
Using FutureLearn Campus
FutureLearn Campus is available via UCL single sign on. To sign up:
- Navigate to UCL FutureLearn Campus and click the ‘Start learning now’ button
- Complete UCL single sign on with your UCL credentials
- If you don’t have a FutureLearn account, create one, but if you do, sign in with your usual FutureLearn credentials and the accounts will be linked.
FutureLearn Campus will be available until the end of 2020. If you have any questions about the service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image credit: Wes Hicks / Unsplash.com