UCL Connected Curriculum secondments available for existing UCL staff
24 May 2017
Expressions of interest are welcome from colleagues across UCL’s faculties who are interested in a 9 month, fractional secondment to work as a UCL Connected Curriculum Fellow from 1 October 2017.
Any colleague that supports or directly impacts education is eligible (including Professional Services staff with duties linked to education). Successful applicants will work in liaison with UCL Arena Centre for Research-based Education.
You will have a successful track record contributing to the enhancement of education at UCL, in any subject and at any level of the curriculum. The secondment would be for an equivalent of one day per week (0.2 Full-Time Equivalent [FTE]). Details would be agreed on an individual basis regarding hours and patterns of work. The arrangement would need to be supported in writing by the colleague’s Head of Department. With Head of Department approval, secondments can be used to increase an existing fractional FTE.
Up to ten secondments will be offered, with successful applicants supporting colleagues across one of the five areas/‘schools’ of UCL (the reach needs to be beyond your own department). The final number of secondments will depend on budget (to be confirmed in late July 2017).
Successful applicants will be required to develop a specific action plan that aids in the enhancement of programmes of study. Other duties will include:
- contributing to the review and feedback of department’s quality review (e.g. Annual Student Experience Review)
- engaging colleagues with the UCL Connected Curriculum, its ethos, dimensions, and/or working group themes;
- supporting the delivery of at least three Connected Curriculum workshops
- working closely with one or more of the Connected Curriculum Working Groups
- applying for UCL Arena/HEA Fellowship, as appropriate
- and presenting the impact of the secondment to the Connected Curriculum Steering Group.
Colleagues considering this opportunity should submit a one page expression of interest (maximum), with reference to the duties above that you are particularly interested in, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 July 2017.
For budgeting purposes, please include your salary grade and spine point, as it will be from 1 October 2017, either in the expression of interest, or e-mail Amanda Greenslade (email@example.com) separately. All details will be treated confidentially.
Expressions of interest will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- The candidate’s experience enhancing education
- The candidate’s experience engaging colleagues in events and/or education enhancement
- The candidate’s proposal for the secondment (with reference to the duties outlined above)
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.