Examining research doctorates 10 November
10 November 2021, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
You will be introduced to UCL's procedures and guidelines for examining research doctorates, as well as preparation for examining at other institutions at his half-day workshop, led by Doctoral School.
- UCL staff
This event will take place online.N/AN/AN/AUnited Kingdom
Wednesday 10 November 10:00 - 12:00
UCL's Doctoral School are delivering this session, which is open to all new and existing research supervisors, who have completed the mandatory online training.
You will receive an introduction to UCL's procedures and guidelines for examining research doctorates, as well as how to prepare for examination at other Institutions.
In this workshop, you will receive an overview of the main issues involved in examining research degrees and discuss ways to examine successfully.
This workshop will:
- explain UCL's examining procedures and guidelines
- prepare you for examination at other institutions
- explore various scenarios through case studies and;
- share best practice
After attending this session you will
- understand UCL policy and procedure for effective examining of doctorates
- be more confident in examining doctorates at UCL and at other institutions
Who should attend
New and existing research supervisors will find this session useful.
You should attend this session if you have completed the online mandatory course for supervisors: Introduction to research supervision at UCL.
How to join the online course: Introduction to research supervision
- Go to UCL eXtend - do not enter your email and password on this page - ensure you select the option 'UCL log in'. Then log in using your UCL single-sign on.
- Once logged into UCL eXtend, click on (or copy and paste into your browser) the link to the course.
If you have any trouble accessing the course, email email@example.com.