Trans awareness: an introduction 28 April
28 April 2021, 10:00 am–11:45 am
Delivered by charity, Gendered Intelligence, learn about basic trans awareness.
- UCL staff
Student Support and Wellbeing
This event will take place online.Details and registration will be sent to you.******United Kingdom
Wednesday 28 April 10:00-11:45
Student Support and Wellbeing are working with Gendered Intelligence to deliver this session, which is open to all staff at UCL involved in supporting students.
‘Trans Awareness: The Basics’ is an entry-level session that introduces the key ideas and information people need to know about trans-related matters.
The training is 105 minutes and delivered live via Zoom.
The session will:
- Explain what ‘trans’ means and describe the diversity of those who might use the term
- Introduce key concepts crucial to understanding trans people
- List the main legislation relating to trans identities
- Outline ways an organisation can work towards being trans-inclusive
- Provide links to further resources and help
After attending this session you will
- understand the appropriate language
- be aware of issues related to trans people
- understand best practice when supporting a student who is trans
Who should attend
You should attend if you are a member of UCL staff who has any contact with students.
Personal Tutors will find this session particularly useful.