Coaching conversations for personal tutors 10 March
10 March 2020, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
Are you a personal tutor who would like to support your students professional development? Attend this workshop with external speaker, Matt Driver and learn top tips for coaching and mentoring.
UCL Arena Centre02031088937
This event will take place online.Details and registration will be sent to you.******United Kingdom
Wednesday 10 March 14:00 - 16:00
UCL Arena Centre are delivering this session, which is open to all staff at UCL.
Learn practical skills and increase your confidence in support and supervisory meetings with your students. In this session, you will be introduced to coaching and methods for effective coaching.
You will be taught and practice a coaching structure for short, ad-hoc discussions or for more formal, lengthy sessions.
This workshop will:
- introduce coaching theory
- explore when coaching is necessary
- share methods for effective coaching
You will focus on:
- building trust and rapport
- summary and reflection
- questioning, and;
- goal setting
After attending this session you will
- understand methods for effective coaching
- have increased confidence in supporting your students
- unburden yourself from carrying other people's challenge's
Who should attend
You should attend if you are a member of UCL staff who is a personal tutor.