Students’ view of open education and OER 14 Jan
14 January 2019, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
You will learn about Open Education and how it can be applied to teaching and learning practices at UCL, in this reoccurring workshop held by Digital Education and Library Services.
UCL Arena Centre
Room 712Maple House149 Tottenham Court RoadLondonW1T 7NFUnited Kingdom
Tuesday 14 January 13:00 - 14:00
Digital Education and Library Services are delivering this session, which is open to all staff at UCL.
You will learn about the UCL Open Education project’s new repository and policy work and practical steps on how to create open educational resources (OER).
You will also be updated on updates across UCL.
Each meeting a specfic option will be covered. During this session, you will discuss 'Student output and concerns.’
This workshop will:
- introduce Open Education and OER at UCL
- share how Open Education and open teaching practices are being embedded across UCL
- outline practical steps on how you can create OER
- discuss how OER can be used by students for showcasing teaching output,
- raise a particular OER theme and discuss and;
- provide information about Open Education support and where you can go for help creating OER
After attending this session you will
- understand what OER is at UCL and how you can engage with it
- understand how your students can benefit from open education
- know where to access support and resources for your own OER
- be able to encourage staff and students to engage with OER
- have a network of staff interested and involved in OER acros UCL
Who should attend
Members of UCL staff interested in open education resources and making their teaching resources more shareable.
You do not need to have any prior knowledge of OER to attend this meeting.
How to register
No sign up is required,