The Online Programmes Office leads on UCL’s growth of online educational provision both through degree programmes and short courses.
The Online and Lifelong Education (OLE) team leads on growth of online degree programmes and all delivery modes (face-to-face, blended and online) of credit and non-credit bearing short courses, microcredentials and Executive Education at UCL.
Online and Lifelong Education at UCL
Online and Lifelong Education refers to a range of activities, from online full degree programmes through to taught short courses, Executive Education, CPD, and self-paced online learning. Each of these areas present new opportunities for UCL to expand its impact in innovative ways and utilise its existing base of academic resource. Online and Lifelong Education also presents opportunities to engage with professionals who are seeking to enhance their career prospects at various points in their careers.
Currently at UCL, the portfolio of OLE courses include 36 online Masters programmes and over 400 short courses held on UCL’s short course catalogue. The majority of these courses are delivered by UCL departments directly, with some offered in collaboration with external partners, such as the University of London Worldwide, 2U and FutureLearn.
Online and Lifelong Education team
The key role of the Online and Lifelong Education (OLE) team is to support the growth and development of online and lifelong education across the whole of UCL. This involves the development of overarching strategy and policies, as well as the implementation of systems and processes that support delivery of courses. The team also assists academic departments across the University with legal, commercial, and systems/process queries.
Meet the team
Professor Norbert Pachler
Pro-Vice-Provost (Digital Education)
- Professor Norbert Pachler provides academic and strategic leadership, particularly in the area of digital education.
- He chairs the Online and Lifelong Education Portfolio Steering Group as well as a number of institution-wide committees including the Education Domain Group of the Digital Transformation and IT Investment Board.
Director of Online Programmes
- Susan leads on the strategic and operational planning for OLE’s portfolio. She oversees the development of the portfolio, the infrastructure within which new modes and models of educational delivery can be piloted and evaluated and leads on strategic relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Online Programmes and Short Courses
- Steve leads the day-to-day management of the OLE portfolio of activities, with a focus on project and programme management, business planning and operations, and supporting strategic objectives.
- Email: email@example.com
Online Programmes and Short Courses Manager
- Calum leads on projects that support the OLE team’s objective of trialling and evaluating new modes and models of educational delivery, with a focus on systems/processes that support the running of online programme and short courses.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact us:
- for advice, guidance and recommendations on how to develop Online and Lifelong Education ;
- to share ideas and feedback on how UCL can support OLE activities more effectively; and
- about working with external partners on OLE activities.
For any of the above, please contact Calum Harrison in the first instance.