Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Vice-Provost (Education & Student Affairs)
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- UCL Learning and Teaching Strategy
- UCL Manifesto for Teaching and Learning
- UCL Assessment Strategy Guidance for staff
- Academic manual: Compendium of key documents for staff
- Personal tutors: Online handbook
- Key skills website: Online advice for staff and students
- Academic regulations: Registry website
- Key documents for staff: Alphabetical list of online resources
- Online timetable: Search by subject, department or degree
Academic Support is a new department within the Registry and Academic Services division.
The team of eight staff is responsible for:
Co-ordinates UCL’s network of formal committees; acts as secretariat to the Council (the governing body of UCL) and the Academic Board (UCL’s senior academic authority); services other formal committees; offers guidance to colleagues across UCL on committee servicing and protocols; maintains UCL’s instruments of governance (the Charter, Statutes and Regulations for Management) and the schedule of academic units of UCL established by the Council.
Organises and provides administrative and secretarial support to UCL's Internal Quality Review (IQR); co-ordinates UCL’s Annual Monitoring process; leads planning and preparations for external reviews of UCL academic quality and standards conducted by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA); supports the development, through the UCL committees responsible, of QME policies and procedures; and maintains the UCL Academic Manual which contains these policies and procedures.
Supports UCL’s Vice-Provost (Research) in the planning and preparations for REF 2013; manages the REF data collection process; and co-ordinates the preparation by UCL’s academic units of their REF submissions.
Maintains and supports the development, through UCL’s Research Governance Committee, of UCL’s research governance framework and co-ordinates and provides administrative support to panels investigating allegations of misconduct in academic research.
Co-ordinates recruitment and selection processes for appointments to all chairs (i.e. professorships) and readerships at UCL; administers the Provost’s consultations with staff on the appointment by UCL Council of deans of faculties and heads of academic departments.
Find out who to contact in Academic Support or call 020 7679 8878.
Page last modified on 09 aug 12 16:42
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com