- Assessment and feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum and global citizenship
- Key skills and PPD
- Large-group teaching
- Object-based learning
- Peer-assisted learning
- Peer observation of teaching
- Personal tutoring
- Problem-based learning
- Research-based learning
- Small-group teaching
- Teaching administration
Research-based learning case studies
Below are some examples of research-based learning taking place around UCL.
Professor Tim McHugh, Director of the UCL Centre for Clinical Microbiology, explains why working with and in resource-poor countries is so important, both for research and teaching. More...
Published: Aug 20, 2013 3:20:34 PM
Dr Chiara Ambrosio explains how this unique and innovative course works, and why it’s so beneficial for students. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 1:00:27 PM
In 2008/09 the Astrophysics department applied for funding to facilitate the participation of undergraduates in a collaborative research project. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:59:05 PM
In this video, Dr Benn Thomsen from UCL Electronic and Electrical Engineering discusses his experiences of using scenarios to aid the teaching of undergraduate students. The presentation slides are available to download below the video. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:51:29 PM
Dr Helene Burningham describes how instruments bought with help from the Teaching Equipment Fund have revolutionised teaching in the Department of Geography. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:48:25 PM
Dr Helen Chatterjee, Senior Lecturer in Biology and Deputy Director of Museums, explains why there are so many puzzled-looking students in the Grant Museum of Zoology. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:28:55 PM
In this video, Liz Jones from UCL Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEGE) discusses the pros and cons of using open-source Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in teaching undergraduate students. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:02:49 PM
- Please note that the case studies section of the Teaching and Learning Portal is a continually evolving resource. If you or your colleagues are involved in great projects or practices that others might be able to take inspiration from, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
- Find out more about research-based learning at UCL
- For discipline-specific advice on research-based learning, contact one of the CALT school-facing teaching fellows
Page last modified on 11 sep 13 16:56
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org