Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
"This award for using Moodle to create interactive lessons gives me the impetus to continue innovating my teaching."
Dr Chris Blackman, Department of Chemistry
Teaching Equipment Fund
The Teaching Equipment Fund is available annually to departments/divisions to support the acquisition of discipline-specific equipment that will be used primarily for teaching purposes.
Applicants must demonstrate how the new equipment will enhance teaching and, most importantly, benefit students. As part of the scheme, departments are required to contribute 50% towards the cost of equipment.
Please note that requests for any of the following are not eligible under the terms of the Teaching Equipment Fund scheme:
- Furniture costs
- Ongoing increases in equipment acquired annually for teaching purposes
- Replacement of stolen equipment
- Computer equipment for general student use
- Equipment that has already been ordered or purchased
- Infrastructure costs such as modification to building fabric or new or upgraded services
Apply for a Teaching Equipment Fund
Before applying, it's important that you download and read the Teaching Equipment Fund 2013-2014 guidelines.
You can then submit a Teaching Equipment Fund 2013-2014 application form.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by Friday 29 November 2013.
Previous uses of the Teaching Equipment Fund
If you wish to discuss your proposal before submitting an application, or if you have any questions about the process, contact Chris Cullen in the Vice-Provost (Education)'s office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last modified on 05 sep 13 11:59
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com