Discover our partner organisations, and read what the media is saying about LEAF.
LEAF is supported by the UKRN (UK reproducibility network). This is in recognition that high-quality research is sustainable research – Ensuring that studies are reproducible and that we make use of the data we generate is a sustainability challenge as well as one for science. UKRN provides an annual review of the actions within LEAF which relate to research quality.
“Reproducible science and sustainable science are intimately linked. More robust research will ensure we make progress more efficiently and less wastefully. UKRN is proud to support LEAF, which provides researchers and laboratories with the tools to improve the efficiency and quality of their work. - Marcus Munafò, Professor of Biological Psychology, University of Bristol, UKRN Lead
LEAF is also supported by the National Technician Development Centre (NTDC), in recognition that the application of sustainable lab practices improves career development and visibility for technical staff.
By engaging with the LEAF Project, technicians will further boost their progress in delivering a sustainable laboratory and related working practices. Their work in this field highlights the key role technicians play in delivering “the green laboratory” whilst helping their institution contribute to the battle against climate change. Using the LEAF tool will undoubtedly lead to the reduction of their institution’s carbon footprint whether in a teaching or research setting, whilst helping to promote and recognise the major contribution technician’s make to tackling today's environmental issues.-Terry Croft MBE, FIScT, CSci, Founding Director, National Technician Development Centre (NTDC)
Who else is talking about LEAF?
A variety of institutions and organisations have applied and written about LEAF. Click on the links below to read more about what others are saying on LEAF.
- Read a series of articles from Efficiency Exchange on Sustainable Science, Reproducibility, and LEAF;
- See how the University of Bristol is using LEAF;
- Read Universities UK endorsement of LEAF;
- Click here for the UCL Life Science Student Publication;
- read an article from C&EN (Chemical & Engineering News) on LEAF, plastics, and more;
- Read an article from Chemistry World;
- Read an article from Chemistry World on LEAF and reducing lab waste;
- Read an interview with Martin Farley and Cristina Azevedo in ecrLIFE