We are working with our suppliers to monitor and reduce our collective carbon footprint as well as spending UCL’s money responsibly.
19 November 2022
UCL has committed to better understanding our supply chains and working in partnership with suppliers to deliver our and their sustainability objectives.
We shall have greater transparency and enhanced responsibility towards people working in them.
UCL suppliers are required to follow:
Food and drink
- We work with caterers Gather&Gather to achieve 2-Star Sustainable Restaurant Association Food Made Good Award and to offer disposable free hospitality.
- Our Legionella testing company, Legionella Compliance Services is assisting UCL Estates in identifying sites for additional water fountains.
- A collaboration between UCL's catering and waste contractors and start-up company bio-bean, has led to UCL's coffee grounds being recycled into biofuel.
- UCL is the first university to trial the recycling of coffee cups from our outlets.
- Our Print@UCL provider, Xerox offset our print activity through PrintReleaf which reforest our paper consumption. We are currently working on carbon reporting for departmental printing.
> Learn more about PrintReleaf.
- Our travel service providers have integrated messaging to encourage rail over air travel and have developed carbon footprint data.
> Learn more about Sustainable Travel at UCL.
- Through WARPit UCL reused 1000+ items in 2015/16 – Saving the equivalent amount of CO2 as planting 35 trees would have achieved.
- One of our furniture providers, JPA offers a take-back and refurbishment scheme, allowing staff to save costs on new furniture.
> Learn more about JPA and UCL.