What is UCL doing?
UCL research shows that bringing nature into urban environments provides a range of ecosystem services, such as carbon sequestration, surface water management, summer cooling, cleaner air and improved health and wellbeing.
- We have partnered with academics, students, professional staff and external partners to develop a Wild Boomsbury Plan.
- We have implmented 4,819m2 of additional biodiverse space on campus since 2019.
- We are working with UCL Estates to devlier the rest through capital projects.
- We have developed innovative nature-based solutions with our community through a livng laboratory approach.
- We have added cycling and walking infrastructure to encourage active travel and reduce air pollution.
- We have moved our postal-team to cargo bikes.