Institute of Orthopaedics
- Student programmes
- Research centres
- Institute History
- Contact Us
- Musculoskeletal Regeneration Steering Group (MRSG)
SALTO TALARIS ANKLE REPLACEMENT
An interview with Brian Donley M.D.
Brian Donley, MD, joined the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and the Foot and Ankle Center in 1995, after completing a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery. In addition to his expertise in diagnosis and treatment of foot and ankle problems, Dr. Donley serves as Director of the Center of Foot and Ankle Surgery at Cleveland Clinic.
He also has a strong interest in research and education. He has published numerous articles in orthopaedic journals and chapters in textbooks, and he serves as an associate editor for several medical journals.
Dr. Donley is active in teaching pre-medical and medical students, orthopaedic residents and fellows. He has a track record of achievement, graduating with Phi Beta Kappa honors from the University of Notre Dame and earning recognition in the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society at the University of Michigan Medical School.
Dr. Donley's special interests include fractures, bunions,
reconstructive aspects of foot and ankle trauma, acquired deformities
including flat feet, treatment of arthritis of the foot and ankle, and
sports injuries to the foot and ankle.
Current posts held
- Director, Center for Foot and Ankle Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic
Part one of this discussion between Peter Smitham and Brian Donley M.D. centres around the development of products.
Part two focuses on tips and tricks in ankle replacement and fusion.
If you cannot see the Soundcloud player then please use these direct links:
- Dr Brian Donley - Tips and tricks in ankle fusion (mp3, 11mb)
- Dr Brian Donley - Development of products (mp3, 19.3mb)
- Abstract: Prospective Controlled Trial of STAR Total Ankle Replacement Versus Ankle Fusion: Initial Results (pdf, 160.3kb)
- Minnesota Physician article: Bringing a new medical device to market - The challenges of picking a winner, by Curt Miller (pdf, 68.4kb)
- Brian Donley, M.D. at the Cleveland Clinic
- The Salto Talaris Total Ankle Arthroplasty System: A Review and Report of Early Results (sciencedirect.com)
- The 2007 ABC Traveling Fellowship: Building International Orthopaedic Bridges (jbjs.org)
Page last modified on 19 oct 12 14:41