“The lecture and the labs flow really well from start to finish and the end product was both satisfying and amazing.
Our iBSc programmes are intercalated degrees. They are for students who have completed two years of an undergraduate medical programme to build a specialist skill set in any of our available areas. These are delivered by clinical experts and academics undertaking world leading research.
Why study at the UCL Faculty of Medical Sciences?
- We are ranked 7th in the world for Medicine (QS World Rankings, 2022).
- We are rated first in the UK for research power in life and medical sciences (REF 2021).
- Our students get to be hands-on with world-class facilities, from virtual reality to 3D bio-printing.
- Our top partner hospitals and institutions include UCLH, The Royal Free and the Francis Crick Institute.
- From the NHS to clinical trial companies, our graduates enter professions that match their passions.
- We teach the latest techniques using the most advanced equipment.
Featured teaching staff
Dr Flaminia Ronca
Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences BSc
Flaminia is Senior Teaching Fellow at the Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health (ISEH). With a research background in exercise physiology and biomechanics, she has worked with the Metropolitan Police to improve the wellbeing and performance of police officers.
Professor Gavin Jell
Medical Innovation and Enterprise BSc
Gavin is Senior Lecturer in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering. He leads a research group focused on understanding how materials interact within biological environments in order to create 'better' biomaterials.
Dr Bhavesh Kumar
Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences MSc
Dr Bhavesh Kumar is Prinicipal Clinical Teaching Fellow in the Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health and Honorary Consultant in Sport and Exercise Medicine at UCLH. Dr Kumar is also the Chief Medical Officer at Reading Football Club and AFC Wimbledon.