Student Psychological and Counselling Services
Counselling and coronavirus (COVID-19)
From Tuesday 17 March, Student Psychological and Counselling Services (SPCS) will no longer be able to offer in-person appointments until further notice.
We will offer the alternative of remote sessions via video conferencing software or phone for all scheduled appointments, and your practitioner will be in contact to make specific arrangements with you for this.
If you need to get in touch with SPCS during this period, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note that SPCS support will not be available during the Easter closure period (5pm on Wednesday 8 April to 9am on Wednesday 15 April).
If you're distressed and need urgent mental health support:
- Call your GP surgery to request an emergency appointment (GP surgeries may offer you an appointment over the phone rather than in person)
- If your GP surgery isn't open, visit the NHS 111 website for help accessing the right services
- You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 to talk to someone at any time, day or night
If you're in immediate danger of harming yourself or others:
- Call 999 for urgent help and advice - an ambulance may be called for you if appropriate
- Due to the current very high demand on the NHS, please do not visit A&E in the first instance unless instructed to do so by 999
Our service is intended to provide short-term counselling, psychiatric support and group workshops to help you manage a range of personal, emotional and psychological concerns. We are unable to provide support for long-term conditions or in the event of a crisis situation.