If you need urgent help you should reach out immediately to get the support you need.
If you or anyone is in is in immediate danger of hurting themselves or others:
- go directly to the Accident & Emergency (A&E) department of your local hospital to get help: University College Hospital is the nearest A&E department to UCL’s main campus (this A&E department has a dedicated mental health unit)
- call 999 to request an ambulance if you are unable to reach the hospital yourself
If you're feeling distressed and need urgent support:
- contact your GP surgery to request an emergency appointment
- if your GP surgery isn't open, call the free NHS out-of-hours medical line on 111 and they will help you access the right services.
- you can call the Samaritans on 116 123 to talk to someone at any time, day or night
- Nightline are available overnight and can help students across London, call them on +44 (0) 207 631 0101