Support during the pandemic
Following guidance regarding coronavirus (Covid-19), we have been advised to close the Student Enquiries Centre walk-in service. Although, we are currently unable to deliver our services in the same way as before, our team continue to work remotely and we are committed to delivering our service standards. To find out what services have been temporarily suspended, please go to the Student Enquiries Centre webpage.
We are still responding to enquiries via askUCL, our current remote operational hours are Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
Student Enquiries Centre Telephone Service: +44 (0)20 3108 8836.
Telephone service hours: 10am - 4pm on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Fridays; 11am to 4pm on Thursdays
If you are disatisfied with the service you have been provided with by the Student Enquiries Centre, we encourage you in the first instance, to contact us via the feedback form to tell us more about your experience.
Our Core Values:
Approachable - Communication is key to providing an excellent service and we want to ensure we create a supportive environment where customers find it easy to approach us and are certain that they will have a positive experience when doing so.
Proactive - We think being proactive is a necessity for the provision of an efficient service. We seek opportunities to improve the quality of our services, upskill individually and as a team to ensure that the information we provide to our customers is accurate and up to date.
Transparent - We believe that through clear, honest and open communication we can maximise efficiency and strengthen our services.
Our Commitment to You:
- To be welcoming, professional and friendly.
- To respect you as an individual, taking into account the diverse social, cultural and religious backgrounds of the UCL community.
- To listen and give you the time to explain what you need from us.
- To give you clear, accurate and reliable information.
- To provide you with a supportive and positive environment, where you feel comfortable to ask further questions or to clarify the information we have given you.
Our Service Standards:
- We are committed to delivering excellence.
- We aim to address your query at the first point of contact. Where this is not possible we will identify and refer you on to the team who can assist you.
- We aim to respond to written enquiries within 5 working days.
- We monitor best practice across the sector and regularly review our service provisions to ensure they are effective, consistent and efficient.
- We actively seek, encourage and value your feedback in order to adapt and improve our service standards and provisions.
- Your personal information is important to us. Where appropriate, we will seek your permission before disclosing your data.
- The Student Enquiries Centre service hours are 9am to 6pm Monday- Friday, excluding public holidays, college closure days, or other advertised closures. Details of which will be published ahead of time on the UCL webpage
What We Ask of You:
- To respect us; taking into account our diverse, social, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- To treat all members of the UCL community with respect and courtesy in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Students at UCL. and The UCL Community Committment to Protect Each Other.
- Please don't hesitate to address a problem. The sooner we are aware, the better support we are able to offer you. If you are not sure who to speak too, we can help put you in touch with the right person or department.
- Please provide us with your full attention whilst interacting with us. This time is yours and therefore it's importatn that we are able to communicate with you in order to be able to support you and provide you with an efficient service.