Introducing Fika: the mental fitness app to help you succeed
4 May 2020
UCL has partnered with mental fitness app Fika during the COVID-19 outbreak, enabling you to benefit from an additional tool to stay motivated, productive, focussed and connected during this period of remote study.
UCL has partnered with mental fitness app Fika during the COVID-19 outbreak, enabling our students to benefit from an additional tool to stay motivated, productive, focussed and connected during this period of remote work and study.
In response to the current situation, Fika has created a dedicated series of programmes allowing students to learn from expert psychologists, other students, academics and professional athletes in five-minute video, audio and text programmes.
These programmes are specifically designed to help combat the challenges of remote study and the mental health impact everything that's going on. Programmes and audio guides cover topics including
- managing distractions and uncertainty
- maintaining motivation and positivity
- staying connected
- healthy habits
Gain invaluable insights into the science behind our mental health and develop the Seven Skills of Mental Fitness: focus, confidence, motivation, connection, positivity, meaning and managing stress.
Take part in Fika’s daily community mental fitness workout. Share your experiences, learn from other members of the community and cheer each other on.
Access to Fika’s COVID-19 package is free for all UCL students. Fika has been featured in The Metro, The Guardian, Sky News, Huffington Post and more.
We encourage you all to download Fika as per the instructions below and begin using the app to stay mentally fit, connected, motivated and focused during the COVID-19 outbreak.
How to get started with Fika
- Download Fika: Student Skills app from the App Store or Google Play (links above)
- Open the app and tap ‘Get started for free’
- Search for University College London in the institution list and select
- Enter your UCL email address and a desired password
- Check your inbox (and spam folder) for a verification email and click link within the email
- Complete registration and enjoy Fika
UCL Student Support and Wellbeing