A warm welcome to new members of UCL's diverse research community. If you're a PhD student or other researcher, please spend some time looking through the helpful resources below.
Welcome to UCL’s research community
Congratulations on becoming part of UCL's world-leading research community, a diverse and vibrant group of highly talented researchers at the cutting edge of their fields. We hope you're excited to get under way.
To help you familiarise yourself with the many opportunities and services available to you, we've put together a series of short videos introducing you to everything you need to know.
Please spend some time to watch these within your first few weeks and also read through the Graduate Research Degrees Code of Practice for 2020/21, so that you fully understand our commitment to you.
On this page:
- What is a research degree at UCL?
- Key people, resources and spaces
- Researcher development at UCL - Doctoral Skills
- Careers information for research students
- Innovation & Enterprise at UCL
- UCL Student Mediator
- What Students' Union UCL offers
- Student Discussion Panel
— Professor David Bogle, Pro-Vice-Provost for the UCL Doctoral School
— Elizabeth Halton, Deputy Director, UCL Doctoral School
— Kasia Bronk, Academic Development Manager, UCL Organisational Development
— Dr Jana Dankovicova, Career Consultant, UCL Careers
— Dr Celia Caulcott, Vice-Provost Enterprise & Dr Ruth Weir, Senior Programme Officer for Entrepreneurship
— Dr Ruth Siddall, UCL Student Mediator, Office of the Vice-Provost for Education & Student Affairs
- Jim Onyemenam, Postgraduate Students’ Officer, Students’ Union UCL
- Professor Jill Norman (Chair), Fei (Sophie) Yuan, Julian Laufs, Georgia Constantinou & Nilisha Vashist