Home ITE: First few days
First few days checklist
1. Complete your in-person document check
Bring your requested physical documents (no photocopies or pictures) to your in-person document check appointment. When you arrive, a member of our admissions team will check your documents and your ID. Once your checks are complete, you will be a fully enrolled UCL student.
2. Collect your ID card
After your documents have been checked and you have been confirmed as fully enrolled, will need to collect your ID card. This will give you to access everything UCL has to offer. A physical form of ID (e.g. passport or driving license) is required to collect your ID card.
Your ID card is also used for registering your attendance at face-to-face teaching. Check out Register UCL to learn more.
3. Make sure you have access to Portico, Moodle and your UCL emails
- Portico hosts several essential services and it is important you have full access once you have completed pre-enrolment.
- Information from your department and from central UCL teams will be sent to your UCL email account, so it is important to check it regularly.
- Moodle is UCL's virtual learning environment which houses important information on your programme of study. You should check to see if your Moodle account is set up correctly.
If you have any problems please contact IT services. We recommend the Live Chat Feature for account and password queries.
4. Attend welcome and induction events
In the last week of September, UCL hosts a large number of events welcoming you to campus and inducting you to UCL. These will be happening both online and in-person during this week. Find out what's on across UCL and at your Students' Union.
5. Register with a doctor (GP)
It is very important you are registered with a local GP whilst you study at UCL so that you have access to healthcare if you need it. Learn more about registering with a GP.
6. Look into student discounts
Make the most of your money by exploring student discounts.
All students on a programme lasting longer than 12 weeks are eligible to get a TOTUM card. This grants you access to a wide range of discounts and services.