Home Undergraduate: First few days
First few days checklist
1. Move in
If you have been allocated UCL accommodation you will receive emails from accommodation letting you know when you can move in.
2. Collect your ID card
You will need to collect your ID card to be able to access everything UCL has to offer. You will be able to book a slot to collect your ID card once you have been fully enrolled. The email confirming your enrolment will contain a booking link, or you may be able to collect your card at your UCL accommodation.
Your ID card is also used for registering your attendance at face-to-face teaching. Check out Register UCL to learn more.
3. Make sure you have access to Portico, Moodle and your UCL emails
- Portico hosts several essential services and it is important you have full access once you have completed pre-enrolment.
- Information from your department and from central UCL teams will be sent to your UCL email account, so it is important to check it regularly.
- Moodle is UCL's virtual learning environment, which houses important information on your programme of study. You should check to see if your Moodle account is set up correctly.
If you have any problems please email the Information Services Division (ISD) helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 (0)207 679 0637.
4. Attend welcome and induction events
6. Meet with your Student Advisor
As a first-year student you have been allocated to a Student Adviser who can help to support you throughout the year. You will be invited to meet with your Student Adviser so please keep an eye out for an email. To find out more please click here and select your department.
6. Register with a doctor (GP)
It is very important you are registered with a GP whilst you study at UCL so that you have access to healthcare if you need it. Learn more about registering with a GP.
7. Look into student discounts
Make the most of your money by exploring student discounts.
All students on a programme lasting longer than 12 weeks are eligible to get a TOTUM card. This grants you access to a wide range of discounts and services.
Term dates for 2022-2023
Start date: Monday 26 September 2022
End date: Friday 16 December 2022
Start date: Monday 9 January 2023
End date: Friday 24 March 2023
Start date: Monday 24 April 2023
End date: Friday 9 June 2023