Student Enquiries Centre
Student Enquiries Centre and coronavirus (COVID-19)
Following government guidance regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Student Enquiries Centre has been closed and there will be no access to any part of the Student Centre building until further notice.
Although we have stopped providing a face-to-face service, we have now moved entirely online. If you have any questions during this time, please get in touch with us through askUCL, our online student enquiries system.
During this period, we will not be able to provide any printable items or sign off any forms, however, we may be able to provide the information required in an alternative format.
Unfortunately, we have had to suspend the following services:
- The processing of disclosue and barring services (DBS) applications and Research Passports (Section 5.8 only). If you still require a DBS or Research Passport, please contact your tutor of your departmental adminstrator.
- Transcript Collection. Whilst the transcript service has been suspended, UCL can provide both current and alumni students with Statements of Student Status and Award as well as offering a Third Party verification of award service via HEDD.
- Schengen visa letters due to the travel restrictions in place for the UK.
Our operational hours are now Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm. We will aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.
Support offered by the Student Enquiries Centre
We continue to provide the following services:
- Confirmation of Registration or Award
- Updating your Student Status (Current Students only)
- Third party verification of Student Status or Award
- Updating your student details (Current Students only)
- Answering any questions or query you may have but don't know who to ask
The Student Enquiries Team can also provide you with information on other services at UCL some of which have been referred below. However, we advise that you refer to the webpages first, as they will have the latest updates on how these services are currently being offered during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak:
- Oyster cards and discounts
- UK bank accounts
- Disclosure and Barring Service
- UCL ID cards
- Getting around
- Changes to your studies
- Exams and assessments
- Research assessments
- Degree Certificates
- The Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
- Graduation ceremonies
- International student support
- Immigration and visa