The student funding welfare advisers offer support, advice and guidance to students who are struggling with money management or experiencing complex funding issues.
To access this support you should first email us letting us know your name, student number and the issue you are facing. Support is available on the telephone, by email or in a confidential one-to-one appointment.
Some of the issues we can provide support on are:
- Student Finance funding – applications, eligibility and appeals
- funding information around interrupting, withdrawing or repeating study
- support for independent students or those estranged from parents
- UCL Financial Assistance Fund – advice on applications and eligibility. (Note: you do not need the adviser's permission to apply. However if you have questions regarding your application we can support you)
- budgeting and money management
- other sources of financial support
- advocating on students’ behalf to other departments