UCL will make reasonable adjustments to learning, teaching and assessment to support students with a disability or other ongoing medical or mental health condition.
If you need support you should notify us as soon as possible so that we can put in place the adjustments that you may need.
If we are already aware of your need for an examination adjustment, there is no need for you to re-apply unless there has been a change in your condition or needs.
If this is the first time that you are requesting examination adjustments, applications must be received by Student Support and Wellbeing (SSW) at least 5 weeks before the main examination period and 3 weeks before the late summer assessment examination period. For all other examinations and assessment, applications must be received by Student Support and Wellbeing 6 weeks before.
- Special exam arrangements application deadline for main examination period: 21 March 2018
- Special exam arrangements application deadline for late summer assessment examination period: 30 July 2018
Please note the following:
- You will not be sent an additional letter from the examinations office identifying your examination adjustments. Your examination adjustments will be listed in your SORA (Summary of Reasonable Adjustment), which has been issued to you by Student Support and Wellbeing. If you have any queries relating to the examination adjustment that you have been assessed for, please contact Student Support and Wellbeing directly.
- You will sit any centrally organised examinations taking place in the main summer examination period in a venue on the UCL Bloomsbury campus rather than the main examination hall (ExCeL). Please check your examinations timetable on Portico for confirmation of your venue, as well as your UCL email account for any notifications of changes from the examinations office.
- Outside of these dates, any examinations you may have will be organised by your home or teaching department. Please ensure that you contact the appropriate tutor/administrator if you have a departmental examination or other test to make sure they know you have special exam arrangements.
We will only consider applications for special exam arrangements received after the deadlines above if you have suffered from a sudden illness or an accidental injury.
Applications in this instance must be received by Student Support and Wellbeing no later than 7 calendar days before your examination. If your late application is received after this deadline, then you will need to apply for a deferral to the next normal exam period under the extenuating circumstances regulations.