Resources on finding a job, preparing for the application process and honing your CV and interview skills. Plus develop your networking skills and look for other development opportunities.
UCL Careers supports students and staff at UCL on their future career path. Also keep an eye out for events, support and resources within your department and faculty for careers advice and opportunities tailored to your discipline.
- UCL Careers and Hub
- Get one-to-one careers advice
- Careers Skills hub: make sure you are developing the skills to set you apart from other candidates and prepare you for your career
For Masters students:
- UCL Careers’ Masters Careers Essentials course: It's never too early to start planning for your future with this course
Here for a year: Are you a taught postgraduate? What to do and when, for masters students. Taken from the Ultimate Careers Guide London 2019
Whether you want to find PhD opportunities or are a researcher looking for postdoctoral or other research opportunities, there is dedicated support available.
CV and Mock interviews prep
- Career essentials
- Preparing for successful interviews
- Interview coaching: one to one support sessions:
- How to ace video interviews
- Introduction to networking, UCL Careers
- Networking opportunities through UCL Careers
- UCL Careers Networking events
- Top tips for enhancing your professional network
- Student blog – 6 networking tips that work
Career skills from LinkedIn Learning
- Job hunting and employability
- How to Develop your Career Plan
- Managing Your Career as an Introvert
- Creating a Career Plan
- Taking Charge of Your Career
Other development opportunities
UCL is a big place which is great because it means there are so many opportunities out there. It can also mean opporutnities can be hard to find if you don't know where to look. We have rounded up some ideas to help you get more involved in what happens at UCL.