Maths conference success!
5 August 2010
What does it mean to do philosophy, history and sociology of mathematics in the 21st century?
That was the subject of the very well attended conference organised by Dr Josipa Petrunic in STS, held on 30 July.
- Prof. Marcus Giaquanto (UCL)
- Prof. Donald Gillies (UCL)
- Prof. Ivor Grattan-Guiness (Middlesex)
- Prof. Jeremy Gray (Open University)
- Prof. Herbert Mehrtens (Technische Universitat)
- Dr. Marie-José Durand-Richard (SPHERE-REHSEIS)
- Dr. Snezana Lawrence (Bath Spa)
- Dr. Mary Leng (Liverpool)
- Dr. Josipa Petrunić (UCL)
Publications will follow. Details of the conference and photos are here (link).
The conference was funded by British Society for the History of Maths, UCL Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences, British Society for the Philosophy of Science & hosted by UCL Science & Technology Studies. It also was supported by an ESRC Post-doctoral fellowship in STS.