- New Careers Podcast: Louis Stupple Harris.
- "quite simply the best"
- Responsible Innovation Article
- STS Summer Internships
- STS Research behind EPSRC Statement
- New book: Presocratics and the Supernatural
- Sleepwalking in Middle Ages
- UK citizen views on carbon capture and storage: new study
- PlosOne for Stilgoe: new paper
- MSc prize winner
- STS Alumnus Publishes Policy Report
- Prize winning dissertation
- Material Histories of Chemistry
- Light and Dark
- Emotions, Transformations, Restorations
- New paper: Helmholtz Club, Neuroscience and Francis Crick
- New scholarship for PhD studies
- STS PHD students shine
- Notes for brewing genius
- STS Goes Dutch
- Vacancy: Project Co-ordinator
- New Careers Podcasts
- Why should we promote public engagement with science?
- New Paper: The Science of Destruction:
- UCL Donors help fund a forgotten treatment for TB
- PhD Studentship: Making the Oceans Visible
- STS Prof in award-winning book
- Vacancy: Lecturer in Science Communication
- STS Prof Hits 4 Million
- Vacancy: Lecturer in Science & Technology Studies
- PhD Conference Review. September - January.
- 8th London Ancient Science Conference
- STS explores science on a pagan planet
- Wonderments of the Cosmos
- STS Trip! War Rooms & Banquetting House
- Emotions, Transformations, Restorations
- New paper: Harvey, Aristotle, Astrology
- Students notice excellence
- STS Research Day 2014
- The Closed Loop
- Awe Fear and Fireworks
- Undergraduate Prizes 2014
- Two STS staff promoted
- Farewell Jo Pearson
- Prof Agar on Science and WW1
- Brian Balmer speaks at UN
- NSS2014 - STS scores 100 percent (again)
- STS takes on Latin America (part 1)
- European funding success
- Upcoming Event: Perspectives On Neglected Tropical Diseases
- STS PhD students shine in South America
- Honorary degree for STS leader
- Student Success For Grand Challenge Pitch
- First STS Haldane Lecture Announced
- STS Seminars Confirmed
- Eugenics at UCL: We inherited Galton
- A Clichéd History of Computing
- STS PhD student on the BBC Breakfast Show
- Fireworks, with Simon Werrett
- RRI in Rome
- CFP: Philosophy of Information workshop
- STS's Stilgoe speaks to Parliament
- STS research seminars Term 2 announced
- Prof Frank James elected
- Students Organise BSHS Postgraduate Conference 2015
- Science Communication Careers Event for STS Students
- Student article on science funding
- New book: Politics of Geoengineering
- Toxic World
- London Ancient Science Conference
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
Farewell Jo Pearson
28 July 2014
STS announces the departure of Ms Jo Pearson, our academic administrator. She is taking up a post elsewhere in UCL, in Department of Medical Physics and biomedical Engineering. Jo joined STS in January 2009. She leaves STS at the end of August 2014.
First, congratulations to Jo on her new appointment. This is a further step up the professional services ladder. Jo will help them build. Very best of luck in that post.
Second, it goes without saying this is sad news for STS. Jo has become an important pillar in the department. We have depended on her in uncountable ways. She has added value across a wide range of our activities, and she’s made STS a better department. I think I can speak for everyone in saying that Jo is going to be missed, and we’re all that little bit better because she’s been here.
Best of luck from all of STS, Jo.
Prof Joe Cain, Head of Deaprtment
Page last modified on 28 jul 14 17:36 by Joe Cain
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps