- New Careers Podcast: Louis Stupple Harris.
- "quite simply the best"
- Responsible Innovation Article
- STS Summer Internships
- STS Research behind EPSRC Statement
- New book: Presocratics and the Supernatural
- Sleepwalking in Middle Ages
- UK citizen views on carbon capture and storage: new study
- PlosOne for Stilgoe: new paper
- MSc prize winner
- STS Alumnus Publishes Policy Report
- Prize winning dissertation
- Material Histories of Chemistry
- Light and Dark
- Emotions, Transformations, Restorations
- New paper: Helmholtz Club, Neuroscience and Francis Crick
- New scholarship for PhD studies
- STS PHD students shine
- Notes for brewing genius
- STS Goes Dutch
- Vacancy: Project Co-ordinator
- New Careers Podcasts
- Why should we promote public engagement with science?
- New Paper: The Science of Destruction:
- UCL Donors help fund a forgotten treatment for TB
- PhD Studentship: Making the Oceans Visible
- STS Prof in award-winning book
- Vacancy: Lecturer in Science Communication
- STS Prof Hits 4 Million
- Vacancy: Lecturer in Science & Technology Studies
- PhD Conference Review. September - January.
- 8th London Ancient Science Conference
- STS explores science on a pagan planet
- Wonderments of the Cosmos
- STS Trip! War Rooms & Banquetting House
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
New Careers Podcasts
28 January 2014
STS has released 2 more careers podcasts from the careers podcast series. Check them out on the podcasts section of the STS Careers webpage:
In the first podcast, Emma Tobin talks to Jake Higgins about his career path in marketing after studying History and Philosophy of Science at STS. Jake has now landed a new role as a marketing manager. Jake discuss his route to this position and how he used internships to gain experience along the way. In the second podcast, Anna Williams who graduated from STS in 2012 discusses her success at gaining an internship on NESTA's internship scheme with Jack Stilgoe from the STS department. She discuss the application process and her experience of working for a science funding body. In particular, she highlights the networking opportunities that internships provide and how her knowledge of science communication was hugely helpful in the role. Both podcasts were recorded and produced by current 3rd year Sophie Osiecki in her role as Public Engagement intern at STS over the summer.
Page last modified on 27 jan 14 17:02 by Jo E Pearson
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
email@example.com | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps