- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar Series 2012-13
- STS success at iBSc fair
- STS Lecturer at The House of Lords
- Grant success: Balmer on the History of Biological Weapons
- Histories of Scientific Experience
- Another Win for STS Student!
- Will The Geek Inherit the Earth?
- OCEANIC ENTERPRISE
- The Genius of Invention
- Thinking About Science: Episode 6
- Blog Winners Announced
- Finalists! Speak Up!
- BPPA Masterclass Success!
- MAPS students praise STS teaching
- STS research fellow in MRC Suffrage Science event
- Semi Final Ahoy!
- DEUS IN MACHINA
- Responsible Innovation in Europe
- STS Students Take Action
- Semi Final Challenge
- Science and Security Grant
- The Spanish Collaboration
- MATERIAL HISTORIES OF SCIENCE
- Vacancy: Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
- STS Students on the BBC
- Mechanisms & Causality Workshop
- National praise for Agar
- Conference Success
- Grant Success & Internship Opportunity
- Sites of Chemistry
- Nobel Debate in Nature
- MSc Application Deadline - 2nd August
- Book now for STS20 reunion
- Recognition for STS public engagement training
- 100 Hours
- STS Teaching Excellence Nominated for Award
- 3 STS staff promoted
- Spotlight on...ProfJoeCain
- Vacancies: Teaching Fellows
- A Science Fit for the Future?
- Steph McGovern to speak at MAPS Faculty Graduation Ceremony
- Vacancy: Teaching Fellow in Sociology of Technology
- STS PhD students publish
- 100 Hours: 25 Days To Go!
- Glassy Environments
- New Careers Podcast: Louis Stupple Harris.
- "quite simply the best"
- Responsible Innovation Article
- STS Summer Internships
- STS Research behind EPSRC Statement
- New book: Presocratics and the Supernatural
- Sleepwalking in Middle Ages
- UK citizen views on carbon capture and storage: new study
- PlosOne for Stilgoe: new paper
- MSc prize winner
- STS Alumnus Publishes Policy Report
- Prize winning dissertation
- Material Histories of Chemistry
- Light and Dark
- Emotions, Transformations, Restorations
- New paper: Helmholtz Club, Neuroscience and Francis Crick
- New scholarship for PhD studies
- STS PHD students shine
- Notes for brewing genius
- STS Goes Dutch
- Vacancy: Project Co-ordinator
- New Careers Podcasts
- Why should we promote public engagement with science?
- New Paper: The Science of Destruction:
- UCL Donors help fund a forgotten treatment for TB
- PhD Studentship: Making the Oceans Visible
- STS Prof in award-winning book
- Vacancy: Lecturer in Science Communication
- STS Prof Hits 4 Million
- Vacancy: Lecturer in Science & Technology Studies
- PhD Conference Review. September - January.
- 8th London Ancient Science Conference
- STS explores science on a pagan planet
- Wonderments of the Cosmos
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
STS Teaching Excellence Nominated for Award
2 January 2014
STS's Prof Joe Cain has been been nominated for the UCLU Student Choice Teaching Award. The ceremony will be a part of the 2013 Provost Teaching Awards.
"It's a real honour to be nominated by students directly through the UCLUnion," Joe explain. This is one of those awards where the real prize is found simply in being nominated. STS is a place where the students push us every day. They make this job worth its weight in gold."
For the winners (link).
UCLU's press release includes these comments:
The overarching principle of these awards will be to recognise and reward those who have made an outstanding contribution to the improvement of students’ lives at UCL. They celebrate those individuals who have gone above and beyond to support teaching and learning.
Our Education & Campaigns Officer - Edwin Clifford-Coupe said: “It is a fantastic opportunity to put teaching at the heart of UCL and reward those who give outstanding service to students”.
Page last modified on 09 jul 13 18:28 by Joe Cain
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
email@example.com | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps