calendar: what's on?
- STS 20 Reunion
- STS Seminar: Collecting Minerals in the early Nineteenth Century: The Royal Institution and Humphry Davy
- STS Seminar: Framing problems of anatomical representations in 18thC Florence and 19thC Britain
- STS Seminar: Are Chemical Substances Natural Kinds?
- STS Seminar: Sketches of Another Future: Cybernetics in Britain, 1940-2000
- STS Seminar: Early Years of the Biological Weapons Convention
- STS Seminar: Sarah Edwards
- STS Seminar: Julie Anderson
- STS Seminar: Donald MacKenzie
- STS Seminar: Science and Diplomacy: Joseph Banks and the Macartney Embassy to China
- STS Seminar: Who studies mathematical practice and why
- PUS Seminar: Scidev.net and science journalism in South America
- PUS Seminar: 19thC public astronomy
- New book: Presocratics and the Supernatural
- Annual Grant Lecture
- Talk: Paul Robeson
- Life and Death Drawing: Expression
- Death by Hair: from Colonial South West Africa to Nazi Germany
- Film: When Worlds Collide (1951)
- Create a Wiser World
- Inaugural Lecture: Experimental State
- James Lovelock, Gaia, and science on a pagan planet
- TALK: Always looking at the stars...
- PUS Seminar: Toss Gascgoine
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
Life and Death Drawing: Expression
Publication date: Nov 15, 2013 11:49:49 AM
Jan 25, 2014 2:00:00 PM
End: Jan 25, 2014 5:00:00 PM
Location: UCL Art Gallery
Artists and scientists take a variety of approaches to drawing the human face and its ability to express emotion. They work from live models, from works of art, from anatomical or skeletal models or from specimens. In the Life and Death Drawing workshop, we question how the nature of the model affects the practice of drawing and the understanding of drawings itself.
Join us to practice your drawing skills by sketching from a life model, from anatomical models and from other works of art in afternoon workshop facilitated by:
- Dr Chiara Ambrosio, Lecturer in History and Philosophy of Science
- Dr Carole Reeves, Senior Lecturer in Science & Technology Studies
- Mat Paskins (Teaching Fellow)
Saturday 25 January | 14:00-17:00
Location: UCL Art Museum
Pre-booking essential. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org +44(0)20 7679 2540
Ages: 15 and up
STS Science and Society series
The “STS Science and Society” is a regular series of events organized by UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS) as part of our public programmes. We run these events to share our research, foster the exchange of ideas, and engage well beyond academic circles. (About series)
These are free of charge and open to the public.
Page last modified on 15 nov 13 11:42 by Jo E Pearson
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
email@example.com | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps