Information for current postgraduate taught students (MSc, PGDip, PGCert) undertaking degrees or modules in UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS).
Register for HPSC modules
2018-19 HPSC module catalogue lists all HPSC modules available in the current session.
Syllabus Library for HPSC modules
All HPSC modules have a syllabus. This functions as an owner's manual, with course plan, schedule of activities, assessment, reading list, and other essential information. STS provides a Syllabus Library for all current modules and an archive for past offers. If you don't find what you're seeking, simply ask.
Find Out More about Module Tutors
STS academic staff is diverse and experienced. Our staff directory provides contact details, research profiles, and details of our many other activities.
HPSC Modules for Students in Other UCL Departments
Almost all our modules are available to UCL students from other departments. You are welcome. Please note for some modules there may be limited space. In these cases priority will be given to STS students, and places may be capped. Modules may be subject to change. Students should register via Portico. The UCL common timetable provides information on times and locations.
Seeking Modules Offered by Other Departments?
Places on modules in other departments are subject to space and eligibility. Unless otherwise specified, to reserve a space or discuss a specific module’s requirements, you must contact the departmental administrator (by email or in person) in the relevant department and request a place. If you do not do this, you may be rejected from the course if it is full or not appropriate. Listings for relevant MSc modules run by other departments:
- Anthropology Department
- Geography Department
- UCL Energy Institute
- History Department
- School of Slavonic and Eastern European Studies (students will need to check with the department which modules are available to external students)
- Philosophy Department
- Health Humanities
- Department of Political Science
- Not all modules will be available to you and entry may be dependent on your previous experience/qualification.
- These links are to externally managed lists so we cannot guarantee that all modules listed here will be running and/or available to STS MSc students in every year
- You should discuss any possible elective modules with your personal tutor before registering
Need more information?
STS postgraduate taught programme is managed by the PGT programme tutor, Dr Jack Stilgoe.