A podcast exploring research and teaching underway in Science and Technology Studies (STS) at UCL. Learn more about the subject, the people, and the careers. Learn more about how you can join us.
Our overall goal is to help teachers, prospective applicants, and influencers answer questions about our subject:
- What is STS?
- What does work in the subject involve?
- Why would I want to do it, too?
- What do people do with an STS degree?
- Is this career direction for me?
Listen to WeAreSTS
Each REGULAR episode explores research or teaching themes that are part of Science and Technology Studies (STS). Some episodes will be interviews about active research projects. Other episodes will support STS subjects in teaching or public engagement.
In our CAREER episodes, we interview STS alumni about life after university: how did they make that transition into their working life, and what advice do they have for those thinking about studying with us.
BONUS episodes will showcase student-produced projects. Others will deliver episodes on special topics, or they'll allow listens into our expert discussions about topics as diverse as science policy making, science in the media, philosophy of information, history of dinosaurs, sociology of science, and history of technology.
WeAreSTS is created by UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS). Contributors:
- Producer and Host: Professor Joe Cain
- Advisory Committee: STS Admissions and Recruitment Committee, including Dr Chiara Ambrosio, Dr Jenny Bulstrode, Dr Carina Fearnley, Mr Giuseppe La Rosa, and Ms Randalle Roberts
- STS joint Heads of Department: Professor Emma Tobin and Professor Jon Agar
- 2020 STS summer studentship: Ms Nuzhah Miah
Code of Practice
The views of our experts and guests in WeAreSTS are their own. UCL regards the right to debate and challenge ideas as fundamental to the nature of a university and is committed to ensuring that free and open discussion can take place in an atmosphere of tolerance as part of the UCL Code of Practice on Freedom of Speech.
We have information for Interviewees in advance of their participation in WeAreSTS projects.
We welcome your thoughts about the podcast.