Before you start
You will need your UCL user ID and Password.
The research data storage service follows a project-based approach. You need to provide the following information about your research project:
- A project title that is likely to be unique to your project. A title such as “neuroscience” will not distinguish your project from others.
- A brief description of the project (you can use the abstract from your grant application if you have one)
- A list of administrators you authorise to make decisions about the storage (e.g. adding and removing members).
- A list of the project members (other than yourself and the optional administrators).
- Start and end dates for your project.
- The volume of storage you expect to need in terabytes. This is an upper limit. If you expect to use less than 1TB, enter 1.
- Details of any grants that fund the project.
There is a charge for storage above a free quota of 5TB. Please read the service support page for details.
- mount your storage on your computer
- upload your research data
- control access for project members
- manage your usage and quota
- access research data storage from other platforms
You can apply for an account on our Research Data Storage service page.
Once you have an account, you can: