Before you start
You must submit an annual declaration if you are:
- Head of Division or Department
- someone with a delegated authorisation limit of £75k or above
- grade 10 or above
- the Provost or a Vice-Provost
- a member of the Provost’s senior management team
- the Chief Operating Officer
- a director of a subsidiary company of UCL
You’ll need to be logged into the VPN or remote desktop (if not on campus).
You may find it helpful to download the user guide and have it open while you make your declaration.
For information on what needs to be declared, read the policy and guidance.
- 1. Access the system
Access the ‘UCL Manage Conflicts and Declare Interests’ system.
Log into www.ucl.ac.uk/myhr using your UCL credentials.
Select the Menu button in the top left-hand corner. From your list of options, select ‘UCL Manage Conflicts and Declare Interests’ then ‘Declaration of Interests’.
- 2. Declare an interest
Enter details about your interests, or record ‘nothing to declare’. Repeat the steps below for each interest you have to declare.
- Select ‘Add’
- Select the magnifying glass for ‘Type of Interest’ to use the search function. To see all options, ensure the search box is blank and click ‘Go’. Select the appropriate type of interest from the list. (If you have nothing to declare, select ‘Nothing to Declare’.)
- Complete the other fields with as much detail as possible, including the relevant start and end dates. (If you have nothing to declare, enter the start date as 1 August, and the end date as 31 July for the appropriate year.)
- If the interest type selected is ‘Consultancies’, add the number of days in the ‘Consultancy days’ field.
- Select ‘Apply’
- Select ‘Next’
- Check the information is accurate and select ‘Submit’