Before you start
You can apply for a travel season ticket loan if:
- you're a UCL staff member
- your employment contract or external funding does not end before the ticket expiry date (a minimum of 12 months), and
- you earn enough to cover the monthly loan payment
- a login for the MyFinance system
- the bank account that you need the loan to be paid into already set up in MyFinance as a 'Reimbursement Account'.
If you don't have a MyFinance login please follow the instructions at MyFinance Setup: New staff member, temp or contractor.
- 1. Gather the relevant documentation
Make sure you have the relevant supporting documents so that you can complete the next steps.
- 2. Log into MyFinance
Log into MyFinance using your UCL login details.
- 3. Create an expense claim
You’ll need to create an expense to apply for the loan.
- 4. Fill in an expense claim line
You should now be on the ‘Create an Expense Claim: Claim Lines’ screen.
- 5. Review your claim
You should now be on the ‘Create Expense Claim: Review’ screen.
- 6. Getting paid
You'll hear the outcome of your application within 5 working days.