A few reasons why you should study with us at UCL SSEES.
- We are one of the world's very best universities, consistently placed in the global top 20 in a wide range of world rankings. Currently we are 10th in the QS World University Rankings (2019) and 3rd in Europe in the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic World Rankings (2017).
- For REF 2014 UCL was the top-rated university in the UK for research strength and SSEES contributed a number of 4* (the highest) submissions which result in real world impact. You can read our case studies on the UCL Impact website.
- The SSEES Library is is unique in the UK for the quantity of research material on open access, for its collections of journals and newspapers from the region, and for its extensive audio-visual holdings. It is housed in our award-winning building.
- Our central London location means you are in the centre of political, cultural and intellectual life. We have forged strong relationships with institutions that include Chatham House, the British Chamber of Commerce, the EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development), the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the British Library, Transparency International and NGOs like Health Prom and the BEARR Trust – all of which have offered SSEES students and scholars internships or other opportunities for collaboration.
- Our programmes allow interdisciplinary study across our four subject areas: Economics and Business, Politics and Sociology, History, and Languages and Cultures.All students have the option of learning a language of the region, some of which cannot be studied full time anywhere else in the UK.
- Around 90% of UCL graduates enter work or further study within six months of graduating, and our graduates earn around £3,000 more than the national average (data taken from the 'Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education' survey undertaken by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), looking at destinations of UK and EU graduates in the 2015 cohort).