As well as traditional one year programmes, we offer a fantastic two-year International Masters (IMESS), involving one year spent at a top university in the SSEES region.
Our mission at SSEES is to critically analyse the social, political, economic, cultural, linguistic and anthropological dynamics that have and contine to shape the SSEES region. Our MA programmes cover our four areas; Economics and Business; Politics and Sociology; History and Languages and Culture and provide students with flexibility in choice of modules. Supplemented by a suite of renowned events, with guest speakers, and dedicated career networking events, students are exposed to cutting edge research on the region, making our graduates highly employable. Recent graduates, for example, have gone on to become policy advisors, finance and investment analysts, social researchers, lawyers and civil servants, as well as further study at PhD level.
MA programmes (1 Year)
- Central and South-East European Studies MA
- Comparative Business Economics MA
- Comparative Economics and Policy MA
- History MA
- Political Analysis (Russia and Eastern Europe) MA
- Political Sociology (Russia and Eastern Europe) MA
- Russian and Post-Soviet Politics MA
- Russian Studies MA
- Russian and East European Literature and Culture MA
New for 2021 Entry:
International Masters in Economy, State and Society (IMESS) (2 years)
The IMESS programmes offers one year at UCL and the second year spent at a partner institution in the region. There are four tracks to choose from: