IMESS at HSE University, St. Petersburg
• The IMESS Programme is hosted by HSE School of Economics and Management, in a brand new state of the art restored warehouse building in St. Petersburg.
• The MiF programme has received the professional certification ACCA for its courses Introduction to Financial Management and Corporate Finance (together providing the coverage for the F9 Financial Management ACCA exam).
• We have particular strengths in: risk, innovation, corporate finance, financial markets and institutions, corporate tax planning and accounting and audits.
Financial managers and analysts are always stakeholders in different companies. Finance area of expertise is defined to be an obligatory part of successful career development.
The development in Finance will be an essential and integral element at the particular stage of career development. Using financial arguments alleviates communication in the universal business language. Mastering this programme makes it more efficient to prove your decisions and analyze financial accounts.
We are aimed at training and development of prospective international students for the exchange of educational and cultural experience. However, this road is always a two-way road. If you are active, ready to get a high-quality international education, love to develop in popular areas and want to become a top expert — we are waiting for you!
We incorporate ‘adaptation’ modules which are specifically designed to facilitate the transition from other disciplines into the financial sphere.
During year two, the IMESS focus will be on:
• Developing analytical skills for an efficient application in making risk-related financial and investment decisions;
• Applying the theoretical foundation developed in the first year, through applied and practical projects and an internship
• Exploring different learning methods, including case studies, simulators, business games and investment challenges
• Producing and defending an advanced research dissertation in a topic of contemporary finance
Why study the IMESS Economies and Business track at HSE University St. Petersburg?
HSE University is one of Russia’s leading social science and humanities universities. The HSE St. Petersburg is in the top 10% of Economics Institutions worldwide, according to RePEc.
The HSE St. Petersburg is renowned for its personal approach to students and its innovative approach to research-led learning.
Our Master’s in Finance is the flagship programme of the campus which imposes an individual responsibility on all involved in its implementation. The programme is the result of a collaborative process of work between researchers and practitioners in Finance and has involved international benchmarking.
Below there is a brief digest of some features of this programme:
• There is a double-degree programme in Economics and Business with UCL.
• Gaining in-demand practical skills and a broad fundamental scientific base.
• Exploring different learning methods, including case studies, simulators, business games and investment challenges.
HSE St. Petersburg Facilities and Recourses:
HSE St Petersburg is located in the second-largest city in Russia, and one of the most densely populated regions in the country. St Petersburg is the historical and cultural capital of Russia, recognized for its long traditions in higher education, lively business landscape, and international atmosphere. In terms of its commercial and industrial life, St Petersburg is a hub of knowledge-intensive businesses, and maritime logistics & transportation, tourism and culture economics, making the city a strong economic region with rapidly growing job markets.
The students are offered accommodation at the HSE St.Petersburg dormitory, which starts to accommodate new students during the last week of August.
The HSE international students (both exchange and degree) may benefit from a free of charge 8 ECTS Russian language course (from A0 to B2 level) for a smoother integration to the university and city life. The course lasts for one semester and becomes a part of the Academic Transcript.
HSE St Petersburg provides full support for students to get the study visa invitation letter to ensure students’ arrival in a timely fashion.
Life after HSE University St. Petersburg:
The programme focuses on creating and developing competencies in financial management for financial institutions and non-financial companies. Moreover, the focus on research-based teaching, delivered through a combination of student research projects, internship opportunities, dissertation work and taught courses also equips students for entry into an academic career via a Ph.D. programme.
The majority of students start to work while being MiF students and 100% of graduates are employed within 3 months after graduation.
Our graduates represent the middle management of such global companies as Japan Tobacco International, GE, Bosh, Maersk, Metlife, Citi, Raiffeisen, DHL, and the largest Russian corporations as Sberbank, Megafon, MTS, Vympelcom, VTB.