This page contains details of the Extended Project.
About the Quaification
The Extended Project at Level 3 is an option available to all students taking A-levels. It is also a mandatory element of the new Diploma qualification. Students undertaking an Extended Project will study a topic of their choice in depth and develop independent research and study skills. The Extended Project will be approximately the size of an AS-level qualification in terms of teaching and learning time. Common to all Extended Project specifications will be the requirement that learners should:
- Carry out activities to research their chosen topic/task
- Provide evidence of their research process
- Arrive at a conclusion/outcome to their task
- Produce and/or deliver a presentation of the outcome
- Produce a written report.
For admission purposes, the Extended Project is deemed acceptable as an alternative to the current fourth AS-level requirement. Take-up and performance of students entering UCL with an Extended Project will be reviewed.