Ian Preston (Economics Department)
About this course
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- taxation and incentives and effects on labour supply and saving;
- optimal commodity taxation;
- optimal linear and non-linear income taxation;
- tax incidence;
- measurement of individual economic welfare, including issues relating to decisions within households, and the costs of children;
- public goods and externalities; economics of local government;
- and cost-benefit analysis.
One 2 hour examination.
Further information on this course can be found here.