Is China Becoming a New Global Hegemon?
9 April 2014
Panel Discussion organised by IPPR and School of Public Policy
- Chair: Prof Zheng Xiao Guo: UCL’s Pro-Provost for China and professor of Materials Chemistry;
- Sai Tan (MSc Democracy and Comparative Politics) : “Is China a new global hegemon?”;
- Chenxi Yang (MSc Public Policy) : “Is China a developing country?”;
- Dr Jan Knoerich: Lecturer on the Economy of China & Scholar Lau China Institute, King’s College London;
- Dr Hong Bo: Reader in Financial Economics at the Department of Financial & Management Studies, SOAS, University of London;
- Roy Graff: Project Director, Eco Heritage Tourism & JUCCCE;
- Martin Jacques: Author & Senior Fellow at the Department of Politics and International Studies, Cambridge University.